Our costs and information: This page covers information on Mailing Cremated Remains to California Funeral Alternatives, please read carefully if mailing from outside of California or from a county in California, but outside of San Diego. If you live in San Diego County please bring Cremated Remains to either of our offices, Escondido or Poway (see addresses below).
1. No witness to scattering
$175.00 - scattering off the coast of San Diego Includes disposition permit filing if needed; Certificate of Scattering sent to next of kin (stating GPS coordinates, date and time of scattering); sending required documents to the San Diego County Registrar. Time and date is at our discretion, but, within a reasonable time period, weather permitting.
2. Witness for scattering
Costs would depend on how many people would be on board for the scattering service.
Includes disposition permit filing if needed; Certificate of Scattering sent to next of kin (stating GPS coordinates, date and time of scattering); sending required documents to the San Diego County Registrar. Time and date will be set by Captain and family members.
Requirement for Mailing Cremated Remains
Federal and State Laws, CFA requirements
1. Cremated remains shipped to our office in a durable, easily opened container. (Only the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) accepts cremated remains for shipment. Please contact your local USPS office for packaging requirements).
2. If the death occurred IN California - The “Application and Permit for Disposition of Human Remains” must accompany the Cremated Remains. This permit was given to the next of kin by the cremation service that was used. If you do not have one, contact the cremation service. If the death occurred OUTSIDE of California - A certified death certificate must accompany the Cremated Remains. (State Requirement)
3. A completed Release Form (see link below), signed by the legal next of kin(s), releasing the cremated remains to the care of California Funeral Alternatives, Inc. for scattering. Send the original copy with legal signature(s), this release must accompany the Cremated Remains.
4. Sign Release form Choose Options: 1 or 2
5. Payment before scattering service – Credit Card only.
See Links for merchandise and Pg. 2 Contract Release form:
Please contact us at:
California Funeral Alternatives, Inc. 1020 E. Pennsylvania Avenue Escondido, CA 92025 Phone: 760-737-2890 Fax: 760-737-2892 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org License #FD1624, #CRD926
If you would like to see our scattering information and contract, see links: