1. Cremated remains shipped to our office in a durable, easily opened container. (Only the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) accepts cremated remains for shipment. Please contact your local USPS office for packaging requirements).
2. If the death occurred IN California - The “Application and Permit for Disposition of Human Remains” must accompany the Cremated Remains. This permit was given to the next of kin by the cremation service that was used. If you do not have one, contact the cremation service.
If the death occurred OUTSIDE of California - A certified death certificate must accompany the Cremated Remains. (State Requirement)
3. A completed Release Form (see link below), signed by the legal next of kin(s), releasing the cremated remains to the care of California Funeral Alternatives, Inc. for scattering. Send the original copy with legal signature(s), this release must accompany the Cremated Remains.
4. Sign Release form Choose Options: 1 or 2
5. Payment before scattering service – Credit Card only.